‘Tis the season for celebrating — for parties, decorations, and for rejoicing. In all the holiday hub-bub, it may be hard to make time to run, but running can be a festive activity too! Here are some tips for making your next run a merry ole’ time:
- Run wearing a Santa hat – Bring a smile to the faces of your neighbors and drivers alike!
- Run with bells on – String a few little bells on your shoelaces or add some sleigh bells to the jogging stroller (just a little warning – this could be a tad overwhelming on long runs)!
- Run with Christmas tunes – Rock out to some upbeat carols and spread some joy by bursting into song every mile or so!
- Run at night to see the lights – Sometimes it’s a bit intimidating to run at night. But there’s no better time to give it a go than at Christmas when white and colorful lights adorn the neighborhood. Just don’t forget to don your own reflective gear!
- Run and rejoice in the reason for the season – Read the Christmas story in Luke before heading out and reflect on Jesus’ birth as you run. It’s a great way to refresh your spirit and put Christmas back in the right perspective.
Wishing you and yours a blessed Christmas!