As a long time runner, I know there are going to be days when my legs feel like dead weight, when one mile feels like ten, and when the weather makes me want to stay in bed. Monday was one of those days.
The Bad and Ugly of Monday’s Run
- My cold.
- An almost flat right back tire on the stroller.
The Good of Monday’s Run
- My daughter’s peeling laughter as she ran beside me.
- My daughter’s hand firmly holding onto my pants.
- My daughter shouting, “This is fun!”
- My daughter saying, “We both win,” as we finish our last lap around the track.
- Remembering to bring along the rain shield for the stroller.
- Sprinting through the rain.
Every time I go out there, I win. Every time I finish the task that I’ve set before myself, I win again. ~ David James Elliott, Actor