Hello fellow Ninjas and Campaigners!
I’m always curious about how others write, especially my favorite authors. What’s their day like? What’s their process? What are their essential tools?
In her book, How I Write: Secrets of a Bestselling Writer, Janet Evanovich gives readers a peek into her writing life, like what’s on her desk –
a Winnie the Pooh clock, a statue of an angry Donald Duck, a Little Lulu bank, a couple diecast cars (I make them go vroom vroom vroom when I’m bored), pens, and Magic Markers, a yellow pad (for catching stray ideas), a phone with cordless headset, and an iPod filled with happy energetic music (How I Write, p. 196).
Knowing what Ms. Evanovich keeps on her desk isn’t going to make me a better writer, but it’s still interesting! Now I want to know about your writing process!
1. Type your answer to each of the questions below into Flickr Creative Commons Search.
2. Pick one image to represent your answer.
3. Copy and paste each of the URLs for the images into Big Huge Lab’s Mosaic Maker to create a mosaic of the picture answers. (3 columns, 4 rows)
5. Post the mosaic (with the photo credits provided by the Mosaic Maker) to your blog to share with readers and fellow campaigners or ninjas!
6. Leave a comment here so I can check it out!
- Where do you write?
- What time of day do you write?
- What do you snack on when writing?
- What do you drink when writing?
- What do you do to overcome writer’s block?
- What office supply is your best/favorite/most useful tool?
- What book do you read for inspiration and/or procrastination?
- What music/song do you listen to for inspiration?
- What television show/movie do you watch for inspiration and/or procrastination?
- What writer inspires you?
- What genre do you write?
- What celebrity would you say your main character resembles?
If you don’t want to make a mosaic, you can just answer the questions or share images in whatever way you wish!
My Mosaic –
My answers with photo credit:
ETA: My answer to number 12 could be misleading so I thought I might explain it better. My genre is mystery. When I typed the word into the photo search the results were a faux Mystery Machine from Scooby Doo and a crocheted dragon magnet apparently named Mystery. I chose Mystery the magnet dragon because I thought he was cute.